Our first experience with Harvest Hosts was a stay at Cayuga Ridge Estate Winery. My initial impression was very positive. There were a couple of RV’s already there and the camping location had a spectacu
lar view of Cayuga Lake. Visitors are directed to a vintage barn, which serves as a one stop welcome center, gift shop and wine tasting bar! Our greeter was a pleasant young woman and recent college grad. In addition to knowing her wines, she was also a service dog trainer and introduced us to her current student – a beautiful and well-trained Golden Lab
The owner, Tom, has operated this Vinyard for the past 30 years. He made it a point to come over to meet and chat with us, while we were bellied up to the bar. He even suggested the best location to set up camp. My wife & I each sampled 4 wines. I am by no means a wine connoisseur, but I know what I like. Some suited my taste more-so than others, which is to be expected. If you find yourself in the Finger Lakes and are having trouble deciding which Wineries to check out, I encourage you to add Cayuga Ridge to your list – you won’t be disappointed.
Some Local things to do
Here are some suggestions for things to do in Ovid:
- Visit the Finger Lakes Wine Country, where you can taste a variety of wines from local wineries and visit beautiful vineyards.
- Explore the Seneca Lake State Park, which offers hiking trails, boating, fishing, and picnicking.
- Visit the Willard Memorial Chapel, a beautiful Victorian-era chapel that features stained glass windows, intricate woodwork, and a functioning pipe organ.
- Shop and dine in downtown Ovid, where you will find a variety of unique shops, restaurants, and galleries.
- Play a round of golf at the Ovid Country Club, a beautiful 9-hole course that offers a challenging layout and stunning views of Seneca Lake.
- Visit the Ovid Public Library, which offers a variety of programs, events, and resources for residents and visitors.
- Attend an event at the Ovid-Elsie Central School District Athletic Field, which hosts a variety of sports and community events throughout the year.
Overall, there are many interesting and exciting things to do in Ovid, NY, offering something for everyone to enjoy.